We are committed to helping students grow academically, spiritually, and socially. Our academic program provides a solid educational foundation in core subjects – math, reading, language arts, science, and history – along with various enrichment opportunities throughout the elementary grades – music, computers, physical education, and art.
With small class sizes, our teachers get to know their students and use a wide range of instructional methods to meet their individual learning needs.
Elementary students are nurtured spiritually in daily Bible classes, weekly chapels, and a Biblical worldview that permeates every subject and lesson. Students have regular opportunities to live out what they’re learning – loving and serving others through local and global mission projects.
Our students learn in a safe and nurturing environment, where caring teachers desire to see students grow as individuals according to God’s design. Expectations are set, and behaviour is managed based on God’s word to help students develop Christ-like character.
A Dynamic Learning Environment
At SCA, we are constantly developing a unique learning environment for every student. Learn about seven keys to our curricular and programmatic approach.
Student outcomes for end of 5th grade
It is our objective to train, teach by example, and inspire students to:
- Know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Grow in their Christian walk.
- Emerge as defenders of their faith.
- Be committed to a local church and to serve others.
- Be able to apply God’s Word in their daily life.
- Understand the spiritual disciplines of prayer and fellowship.
- Have the desire and strive to love God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength.
- Have the desire and strive to love their neighbor as themselves.
- Recognize that God has a purpose for their life and affirm the authority of Scripture.
- Understand a basic Biblical worldview.
- Honor God the Father, emulate His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, and follow the Holy Spirit.
It is our objective to provide an academic curriculum of excellence and to teach and train students in such a way that they will:
- Master core competencies in academic disciplines including reading, writing, speaking, mathematics, history, the sciences, geography, languages, and the arts.
- Be prepared for middle school.
- Understand major biblical themes and be able to navigate through Scripture.
It is our objective to educate and train students in such a way that they will:
- Practice effective study skills, test-taking techniques, listening, observing, and critical thinking.
- Develop tools to become problem solvers and creative thinkers.
- Demonstrate basic skills in written and verbal communication.
- Be able to find information resources, use technology, analyze and evaluate information, and perform academic research.
- Foster respect and integrity in human relationships.
- Practice responsible stewardship of God’s creation and resources.