We are excited to continue to lean into digital learning. With all of our recent investments in technology on campus, we are now taking the next step and launching a Digital Learning Initiative.
As part of the initiative, all high school students will be required to bring a laptop to school with them starting in Fall 2022*. This tool will not only augment their current learning, but will help lay the foundation for college and career.
Here are the recommended minimum specifications:
- Memory (RAM): 8 GB
- Storage (Hard Disk): 256 GB SSD
- Screen size: 13-15 inches
- Operating system: Windows 11 or Professional, or MacOS Monterey
- Weight: Under 5 pounds
- Battery life: At least 5 hours
Here are some things to avoid:
- Heavy laptops: Remember that you will likely carry this around all day
- Mechanical hard disks: Be sure you see the letters SSD next to the size (e.g., 256 GB SSD)
- Battery lives under 5 hours: Not all classrooms on campus have easy access to plug-ins
- Refurbished, renewed or clearance machines: Purchasing a new laptop ensures you are purchasing the latest generation of technology