What a privilege it is to partner with families to assist as their precious children begin first steps in school. We always look forward to our first day of school when we get to see these little treasures for the first time. We sense their excitement and perhaps worries. We welcome them and their families with open arms. And we join arms to begin an exciting school year.
It seems like moms and dads have three main questions when considering the best Pre-K environment for their child. Below we share those and offer our answers about SCA Pre-K:
- Will my child be safe?
Our team and campus emphasize security, safety, and good health practices related to COVID -19. Our Pre-K students enjoy a safe, warm, and protected environment that ensures a very positive early learning experience.
- Will my child be loved?
Honestly, seeing is believing. Feeling is believing. Our early education teachers and staff are gifted to work with the little ones and provide a beautiful and enriching environment where these little tikes can thrive.
- Will my child get what they need to advance?
This is an area where we shine. Our Pre-K is not an isolated unit. It is fully integrated into our elementary track. We have concrete goals for each student, and we are happy to say that nearly all meet those developmental milestones. If a child is challenged in an area, our specialists are ready to aid and help. We partner with parents as this precious child’s education is a joint mission.
- Our full-day Pre-K program runs from 8am-2:30pm
- Program follows the SCA all school calendar
- Tuition: $7,495/year + $250 Student Activities Fee (covers materials, books, field trips/activities).
Your child might be ready for Pre-K if they:
- Will be 4 years old by August 31
- Have demonstrated beginning listening skills
- Have a desire to learn and a growing attention span
- Is developing the ability to follow directions
- Knows the basic colors and shapes
- Can count to 10
- Is able to use the restroom independently
- Is socially able to play with other children
It’s easy to get excited about attending our school because learning is so much fun here! While we offer a challenging academic focus, it is accomplished through intriguing activities and engaging instruction.
While in Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K), your student will learn:
- weekly memory verses
- participate in weekly library, music, physical education, and art classes
- enjoy daily Bible and character training
By the end of Pre-Kindergarten, your child will be able to:
- identify short vowel sounds
- recognize basic sight words
- read simple sentences
- write in manuscript
- count to 100
- recognize numbers 1-20
- do simple addition problems.