Middle School academics
We partner with parents to help our students successfully navigate the critically important Middle School years, assisting them to become assured young adults. We provide a robust academic program where rigorous math, English, history, and science courses challenge students. Choir, leadership, worship arts, photography, and other electives round out an engaging course catalog.
Students are immersed in an environment that helps them strengthen their relationship with Christ. Daily Bible classes, weekly chapels, and opportunities for servant leadership encourage students to make their faith their own. Middle School students grow as leaders by becoming class officers and taking part in service opportunities on campus and throughout our community. A variety of Middle School athletic programs allow students to develop leadership skills on the field of play as well as in the classroom.
Our faculty and staff are committed to fostering the academic and spiritual growth of every child. Teachers and students come together to form a safe, caring, and intentional Christian community where young people are known and valued.
SCA Middle School:
Nurturing kids through change
With a consciousness of the needs of students, teachers adopt approaches that make learning and activities exciting and interesting.
Student outcomes for end of 8th grade
It is our objective to train, teach by example, and inspire students to:
- Know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Honor God the Father, emulate His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, and follow the Holy Spirit.
- Grow in their Christian walk and continue to follow Christ.
- Be firm in their faith and able to articulate and defend the Christian faith in the world.
- Be committed to fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Be active in a local church, serving God and others.
- Be able to apply God’s Word in their daily life.
- Have the desire to love God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength.
- Have the desire to love their neighbor as themselves.
- Boldly explore God’s purpose for their lives, and to take personal ownership of Biblical truth.
- Understand and maintain a personal Biblical worldview.
- Understand and practice the spiritual disciplines of prayer, fasting, stewardship, and fellowship.
- Be prepared to build strong families that continue the heritage of God’s people.
- Be productive, God-honoring citizens who strengthen and provide service and leadership for their communities.
It is our objective to provide an academic curriculum of excellence and to teach and train students in such a way that they will:
- Master core competencies in academic disciplines including reading, writing, mathematics, history, the sciences, geography, and the arts.
- Be prepared for their high school career.
- Be biblically literate and understand God’s Word.
It is our objective to educate and train students in such a way that they will:
- Utilize effective study skills, test-taking techniques, listening, observing, critical thinking, and logic.
- Develop tools to become wise decision-makers, problem solvers, and creative thinkers.
- Demonstrate competency in written and verbal communication.
- Be able to find information resources, use technology, analyze and evaluate information, perform academic research.
- Understand healthy eating habits, health and physical maintenance, as well as personal hygiene.
- Develop mature and responsible human relationships, fostering respect and integrity with others.
- Practice responsible stewardship of God’s creation and resources.