Building in the early learning building blocks in a fun and nurturing atmosphere
Kindergarten at Sound Christian Academy is an engaging program that prepares children for elementary through:
- fun academic activities
- social interactions
- group learning
- opportunities to grow in their relationship with God
We are committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment that nurtures social and emotional development.
A typical day in kindergarten includes: reciting the pledges and prayer, a focus on letter recognition (with a strong phonics emphasis), number concepts, spending time together in God’s word, creative writing activities, engaging science and social studies lessons, and time for kids to play with their classmates. Weekly library, music, art, and physical education classes allow our kindergarteners to learn and practice skills that enhance their classroom experience.
Upon completion of kindergarten, the students will:
- Have learned 33 Bible verses and lots of Bible stories
- Be able to read many words in their environment
- Have learned addition facts through 10
- Be able to subtract 0 and 1-10
- Count by 2s, 5s, and 10s
- Learn to tell time, and identify and count coins
- Learn about 10 countries in addition to the United States